Presents: The Holiday & Cruise Clinic & Inside Cruise
Follow Jemma on Twitter @jemmagofton
Jemma studied English Literature and Theatre Studies at South Trafford College in Cheshire. After leaving she opted to take a year out before going to University. Like most students she wanted something that would ensure a good social life and money, so she hit upon the idea of modelling. That one-year out turned into 21!! She has worked as a catwalk model for clients such as Armani, Harvey Nichols and Cosmopolitan. Her photographic work includes Budweiser, Adidas and La Redoute. It was whilst working on commercials that Jemma decided she’d try her hand at television presenting. In the past 12 years she has worked as a freelance presenter and broadcaster for the BBC, GMTV, Granada Television, Trafford Centre TV and Channel M.
At the moment her work life is mixed and she spends her time chatting about travel, fashion, animals and just about everything in between. Jemma’s spare time goes from one end of the spectrum to the other. She loves pampering and partying but before she allows herself those luxuries you’ll find her exercising at the gym.
FAVOURITE DESTINATION: I've got two!
1. A beach bungalow with a glass floor on stilts in the sea of Bora Bora - an overseas collectivity of France in the Pacific Ocean. How blissful would it be to lay in bed and watch the sea world pass you by.
2. The Galápagos Islands.The adventurer in me wants to pull on my walking boots and cosy up to the giant turtles, Iguanas and seals.
I love the hustle of New York, the glamour of Paris, the sunsets in the Caribbean and the perfect ski slopes of Finland BUT my favourite destination is home.......there really is no place like home!
3 THINGS I WOULD TAKE ON A CRUISE:
1. A voucher for unlimited spa treatments - for me, pampering and holidaying go hand in hand.
2. My trainers so I could use the gym. I love eating and we all know cruising is cuisine heaven so training before stuffing my face would be my trade off.
3. A glittery, full length, 'Oscar' style dress so I could dazzle at the formal evenings (and hopefully be invited to sit with the captain!)